Pear and cinnamon muffins
By Andrew Walbran
These pear and cinnamon muffins are light and fresh.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
Tags: muffins, pear, cinnamon
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 60 g butter
- 60 mL milk
- 1 can of pears
- 1 egg
- Grease muffin pan, and preheat oven to 200°C.
- Sift flour, mixed spice and cinnamon into a large bowl, and mix sugar in.
- Melt butter in the microwave in a smaller bowl, add milk to juice from pears to make 250 mL (i.e. milk plus pear juice should be 250 mL), add egg. Cut pears into small pieces, add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add mixed wet ingredients to mixed dry ingredients, and fold together until flour is just damp but the mixture is not smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 greased muffin pans (about 1/4 cup per pan).
- Bake for around 15 minutes at 200°C, until muffins spring back when pressed in centre.